Since time immemorial, the only natural ingredient that women have used to improve their skin, and which is still used, is honey. Honey has several properties that make it an essential product when it comes to skin care.
Honey will naturally trap moisture in your skin, thus reducing the dryness and itching of the skin. With regular use, honey makes your skin radiant and flexible, without spots of dry or scaly skin. Honey also has antibacterial properties that will keep skin infections at bay. Here are some tips on how to use honey for the treatment of dry skin in a few weeks.
How To Use Honey For Dry Skin
Here are 4 effective ways on how to use honey for your dry skin problems. Check out in detail.
1. Facial Scrub:
Most face washes available in the market have honey as a major constituent. Now you can make your own facial scrub at half the price in the comfort of your home.
- For this you’ll need olive oil, fresh lemon juice, brown sugar and honey.
- Whip up a moderately thick mask out of these ingredients in a bowl
- Apply a thin layer on your face.
- This mask will be a lot less abrasive and will slowly remove dead skin to reveal younger and brighter looking skin.
2. A Stronger Exfoliator:
If you suffer from very dry and flaky skin then you need to depend on an exfoliator that can remove dead cells gently and yet not harm your skin.
- Combine 2 egg yolks and 2 tablespoons of honey.
- Mix this well and apply the paste to your face and other dry problem areas.
- Leave the mixture on for a good half hour before you rinse it off.
- Warm the mixture before application to easily rub off dead cells.
3. Natural Moisturizer:
Honey is super hydrating and does wonders to dry skin.
- Add honey and a few tablespoons of Shea butter, whipped or melted.
- This is a great moisturizer that can be applied from head to toe.
- Alternatively, drop two tablespoons of honey and cocoa butter into a bowl.
- To this add 2 drops of bergamot oil and one single drop of lavender oil.
- Mix the ingredients well till they blend into each other.
- Once the mixture is ready slowly apply it onto your face and other affected parts of the body.
- If you wish to use this mixture for your entire body you may need to make larger quantities.
- Keep any remaining mixture in a bowl and cover it with a lid.
- The paste may solidify so simply microwave it for the next application!
- Make sure you use this mixture after a bath on clean and dry skin!
- Leave the mixture on for just about 20 minutes, before washing it with a mild face wash or plain water.
- Honey will lock in the natural moisture in your skin leaving it feeling fresh and soft to touch.
4. Sweet Heart’s Honey and Chocolate Body Scrub:
You do not have to go to the spa anymore. Make this super hydrating body scrub at home and enjoy the same benefits at half price!
- 2 large cups honey
- 6tbsp unsweetened chocolate (preferably grated)
- 2 cups of kosher salt
- Half a cup of grape seed oil.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the honey and grape seed oil before stirring in the chocolate.
- Do not pour in water.
- Let the consistency be thick and somewhat grainy.
- Now apply this scrub on your body, allow it to be absorbed by the body before you step into the shower!
I hope you enjoyed our publication on what are the effective ways to use honey for dry skin problems. These were some easy, exfoliating and moisturizing masks you can do at home using honey. Not only will it give you a super soft skin, it will also save you a lot of money. So remember to tell us which ones you enjoyed the most.