“It’s a smile, it’s a kiss, it’s a sip of wine … it’s summer” Kenny Chesney.
Summer represents fun, fun and happiness! Women are happy to return to dress our summery floral dresses. After the long cold winter, we love summer for the warmth and joy it brings!
Each season brings good news for some and bad news for others. Summer is good news, great news for people with dry skin.
The high levels of moisture and humidity help to reduce dryness, so there will be no peeling or cracking on dry skin. Dirt, sadness, UV rays and pollution are, however, causes for concern, as they make our skin dull and dull. All the unprotected minutes of the sun provoke a greater aging of the skin: wrinkles, aging spots and fine lines.
Homemade Face Packs For Dry Skin In Summer:
The mantra to keep you fresh and glowing is to diligently apply sunscreen and take the help of some homemade packs. Here are few face packs for you to try out this summer.
1. Papaya Face Pack
Papaya is a natural exfoliant that removes dead skin cells and also has anti-aging properties. It is known to balance the moisture content in dry skin. The best part is that it is a unique ingredient mask that is very effective. So there is no more excuses.
How To Mak Papaya Facee Pack?
- Mash a few pieces of papaya to form a smooth paste
- Apply the paste on your face evenly. Take big pieces of cotton and place over the pack to prevent the paste from dripping
- Relax for 15 minutes. Wash off with plain water.
- Mix mashed 1/4 cup freshly mashed raw papaya and 1 teaspoon fresh, raw pineapple juice for a mask that reduces pore size
- For an exfoliating mask – Blend papaya with warmed honey and oatmeal, leave on 10 -15 mins.
- To lighten skin – Mash papaya and mix with honey , yoghurt and lemon juice.
2. Yogurt Face Pack
Yogurt retains the moisture in the skin and revives dull skin. It also acts as natural bleach. Honey moisturizes and softens skin naturally.
Things Needed For Yogurt Face Pack:
How To Prepare Yogurt Face Pack?
- Mix 2 teaspoons of yogurt with 1 teaspoon of honey
- Apply it to your face and allow to dry completely
- Wash off with normal water
- Mix 2 very ripe strawberries, 1 tsp raw honey and 1 rsp yogurt for a skin brightening mask
- Mix 1 tsp yogurt, 1 tsp olive oil and ¼ avocado for a moisturising and hydrating mask.
3. Sandalwood Face Pack
Sandalwood cools the skin while rose water tones it. This is an age old Indian face pack and both the items are easily available. This is the best face pack for dry skin in summer.
Things Needed For Sandalwood Face Pack
- Sandalwood powder
- Rose water
How To Make Sandalwood Face Pack?
- Mix 3 teaspoons of sandalwood powder with some rose water
- Apply the paste evenly on your face
- Wash off after 15 minutes
Reducing Acne/Blackheads – Mix 2 tsps each of turmeric powder and sandalwood powder with warm water .Make a paste and apply on the blackhead prone areas and let it dry. Rinse off.
4. Oats And Cucumber Face Mask
Oats soothe and heal dry skin. Cucumber is a natural toner with cooling properties.Things Needed For Oats And Cucumber Face Mask
- Cucumber juice
How To Make Oats And Cucumber Face Mask?
- Mix 3 teaspoons of oats, 1 teaspoon of cucumber juice and 1 teaspoon of yogurt together
- Apply the paste to your face and allow to dry completely
- Wash off with normal water
Blend yogurt and cucumber. Add honey and oats to make a thick paste. Apply and rinse off with warm water in 20 minutes. This is good for black spots and puffiness.
5. Almonds And Rose Water Face Mask
This royal face pack works wonders for dry skin. Almonds have natural vitamin E oil that prevents dryness.
Things needed For Almond And Rose Water Face Mask
- Rose water
How To Prepare Almonds And Rose Water Face Mask?
- Soak 10 almonds overnight and grind them into a smooth paste.
- Add some rose water to this.
- Apply it on your face.
- Wash off with normal water.
- For a fresh and glowing complexion use this mask. Mix together 2 teaspoons of rose water, 2 tablespoons of honey, 2 tablespoon of almond oil and 3 drops of Vitamin E oil. Apply and leave it on for 20 minutes. Rinse off with warm water and pat dry
Hope you liked our article highlighting the best homemade face packs for dry skin in summer. Let us know which one worked the best for you. Go ahead and pamper your skin. Till then, keep it stylish!