Every woman wants a perfect and impeccable skin. Clear and beautiful skin is one of the main elements of a person’s beauty. Healthy skin helps you feel beautiful too.
Your skin care regimen and your lifestyle habits are the main predictors of your skin’s health. Some of the main factors that affect the quality and texture of your skin are stress, lack of sleep, poor nutrition, pollution, damage from the sun’s ultraviolet rays, excessive smoking and alcohol consumption.
There are thousands of products for skin care and beauty that promise to give you a clear and shiny skin. Instead of relying on these products, you can try some simple and easy home remedies to improve the overall health and appearance of your skin.
Here are the top 10 ways to get clear skin at home.
Lemon is one of the best ingredients you can use to promote clear skin. The citric acid present in the lemon helps keep the skin clear by removing dead cells, and its vitamin C content helps reduce dark spots by increasing the cell renewal process. The lemon also has whitening properties that will help you improve the overall complexion of your skin.
- Apply fresh-squeezed lemon juice to your entire face and neck. Leave it on for 10 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water. After this, rub cucumber slices on your skin to soften and moisturize it. Do this daily or every other day.
- Another option is squeeze the juice of one-half lemon and mix one to two tablespoons of raw honey in it. Apply it on your face, leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes and then rinse it off.
- To exfoliate your skin, mix two teaspoons each of lemon juice and sugar. Apply the mixture on your face, neck and hands. Scrub in a circular motion and leave it on for 10 minutes. Then rinse it off with lukewarm water. Follow this remedy once a week to enjoy glowing skin.
Turmeric is an excellent antiseptic and skin-lightening agent that helps minimize scars and other marks. Plus, turmeric can alleviate allergic, inflammatory and infectious skin disorders that make your skin look dull and lifeless.
- Mix one tablespoon of turmeric powder with enough pineapple juice to make a paste. Apply the paste to your face and neck. Leave it on until the paste dries completely. Then wash it off with lukewarm water. Follow this remedy two or three times a week to reduce the appearance of spots on skin.
- Make a paste by mixing equal amounts of turmeric powder and gram flour with a little water or milk. Apply it evenly on your skin and leave it on until it dries. Wash it off with lukewarm water, scrubbing your skin gently in a circular motion. Follow this remedy once a week to lighten your skin tone and remove scars.
To enjoy clear skin, you must keep your skin well moisturized. Honey is a great moisturizer and also has antibacterial properties that help prevent infections.
- Apply raw honey directly on your skin. Let it dry naturally and then rinse it with warm water. The water content in the honey will deeply hydrate the skin, making it soft and supple. Do this simple remedy once a day or every other day.
- Alternatively, mix two teaspoons of milk and one teaspoon of honey. Then add a teaspoon of gram flour and mix well. Apply it on your face. Leave it on for 20 minutes and then rinse it with warm water. Use this facial mask once a week to enjoy radiant, clear skin.
4. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera has many benefits for the skin. It has antibacterial properties that help kill the bacteria that cause acne, anti-inflammatory properties that help soothe irritated skin and astringent properties that help to heal. In addition, aloe vera moisturizes the skin and stimulates the growth of new skin cells.
- Extract the gel from an aloe vera leaf.
- Apply the gel on your face using a cotton ball.
- Allow it to dry on its own for about half an hour, and then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Follow this remedy daily or several times per week.
5. Baking Soda
The bicarbonate balances the pH levels of the skin, which is very important to keep the skin clear. In addition, its mild antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties help treat problems such as acne, pimples and blemishes. It also works as an excellent exfoliating agent to keep the skin free of dirt, impurities and dead skin cells.
- Mix one teaspoon of baking soda with one teaspoon of water or lemon juice to make a paste. Cleanse your face and use the paste to gently exfoliate the skin. Finally rinse your face with lukewarm water and pat it dry with a towel. Follow this remedy two or three times a week.
- Alternatively, mix one teaspoon each of baking soda and raw honey. Apply this mixture onto damp skin and massage gently for just one minute. Then wash with lukewarm water. Finally, splash some cold water on your face to close the pores. Follow this remedy once a week.
Cucumbers contain hydrating, nourishing and astringent properties that are very good for skin. They can improve the overall appearance of your skin by repairing damaged skin cells, removing dead skin cells and adding a fresh glow.
- Cut a fresh cucumber into thick slices, and rub them thoroughly all over your face. Leave it on overnight and rinse with warm water in the morning. Do this daily before going to bed.
- Alternatively, make a mixture with equal amounts of cucumber juice and lemon juice. Apply this mixture to your skin, allow it to dry completely, and then wash it off with warm water. Do this daily.
Papaya can be used to improve your skin’s texture and maintain clear skin. It has natural bleaching properties that help reduce the appearance of scars. Plus, the enzyme papain present in papaya has antibacterial and wound healing abilities and also aids in removing dead, damaged skin.
- Chop a ripe papaya into small pieces.
- Combine the papaya with one teaspoon each of sandalwood powder and honey. Grind these ingredients into a paste.
- Apply the paste all over your face and neck.
- Leave it on for half an hour. Then rinse it off with cool water and pat dry your skin.
- Finally apply some rose water on your face.
- Follow this remedy once a week to notice a visible change in your skin tone.
Nuts can provide a beautiful glow to opaque, dry and lifeless skin. Nuts have antioxidants that help repair skin cells and promote radiant skin. The walnut powder can be used to exfoliate the skin and remove impurities and dirt that a common cleaning product can not do.
- Mix two teaspoons of walnut powder with two tablespoons of plain yogurt to make a paste. Apply this paste on your face and neck. When the paste dries, scrub the mixture around your face and then rinse it off with lukewarm water. Use this face mask once a week.
- Soak three walnuts in water overnight. In the morning, mix in one teaspoon of rose water to make a paste. Apply the paste on your face. Leave it on for an hour and then rinse it off with lukewarm water. Follow this remedy once a week.
- You can also eat two or three walnuts with a glass of milk every morning.
9. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is very rich in antioxidants that prevent free radical activity, which is one of the reasons behind dull and lifeless skin. Also, its antibacterial and antifungal properties help maintain clear skin. Plus, it will keep your skin soft and moisturized as this oil can penetrate deep into underlying tissues of the skin.
- Gently warm up some coconut oil in a microwave.
- Apply the warm oil to your face, neck, hands and legs. Gently massage it into the skin for 10 minutes.
- Finally rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Use this treatment once daily.
The main ingredient in mint is menthol, which has cooling and soothing properties that help keep the skin healthy and glowing. Also, it has wonderful healing properties that help fight off skin infections.
- Put one teaspoon of mint powder and one tablespoon each of plain yogurt and fuller’s earth in a bowl.
- Set it aside for half an hour so that all ingredients get soaked properly. Then stir it to get a smooth paste.
- Apply this homemade face pack on your face and neck.
- Leave it on until it dries naturally, and then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Use this face mask once a week to enjoy clear skin.
You need to use the remedies of your choice on a regular basis to effect changes in your skin. Plus, follow a strict skin care routine that suits your skin type.