Rheumatoid arthritis is a chronic autoimmune disorder that causes inflammation in the joints. Risk factors such as smoking, obesity, family history and exposure to environmental toxins can trigger the disease. The natural treatments of rheumatoid arthritis can help control the painful symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis.
Rheumatoid Arthritis Symptoms
- Joint pain – Swelling in and around the joints can last for six weeks or more. Joint pain is most common in the wrists, feet, hands, ankles and knees
- Redness, heat and tenderness near inflamed joints – Pain and soreness are usually experienced in a symmetrical pattern, impacting both sides of the body
- Morning stiffness – Stiffness that is usually worse right after waking up (2)
- Muscle aches
- Trouble moving normally, trouble bending over, climbing stairs, walking or exercising
- Loss of appetite
- Low-grade fever
Rheumatoid Arthritis Natural Treatments
1. Eat an Anti-inflammatory Diet
A diet high in antioxidants can help control rheumatoid arthritis symptoms. Rheumatoid arthritis natural treatment foods include those that are naturally high in omega-3’s such as nuts and seeds. Omega-3 foods help reduce inflammation around the joints. Eat plenty of fresh vegetables, fruit and healthy fats for natural treatment for rheumatoid arthritis pain and swelling.
2. Stay Active
3. Manage Stress Levels
Stress can cause more inflammation in the body that can cause pain, swelling and stiffness.
Make sure you get enough sleep and control stress levels appropriately. Relaxation techniques such as yoga, meditation and deep breathing can help relax muscles, balance hormones and lower cortisol levels.
4. Try Natural Pain Remedies
The natural treatment options of rheumatoid arthritis include massage therapy, acupuncture, acupressure and essential oils. Ice packs and warm baths can also help control painful symptoms. Essential oils that work as home remedies for arthritis in the hands and other parts of the body include ginger, orange, myrrh, incense and eucalyptus.
5. Reduce Inflammation Using Natural Supplements