Caring for dry skin is as difficult as caring for skin that is oily. For the latter, it is the constant transfer with the tissue problem, while for the former, it is the continuous application of humectant.
There are many concerns related to dry skin, such as scaly, itchy and sensitive skin. However, with proper care, you can address these problems. Following a consistent daily routine of skin care is the trick to achieving moisturized and moist skin. This is what you must do to achieve that.
Daily Skin Care Routine For Dry Skin
Step 1: The first thing you need to do as soon as you get up is splash your face with cool water a few times. This makes your skin feel completely refreshed.
Step 2: Then, pick a moisturizing cleanser and gently cleanse your face with it. Make sure you choose a natural product with minimum chemicals.
Step 3: After that, tone your skin. Pick a toner that is not drying. Rose water is a good and natural option that you can try.
Step 4: The next step is moisturizing – the most important one. Apply the moisturizer thoroughly all over your skin until it gets completely absorbed.
Step 5: Then, it is time for the sunscreen. If you are stepping out, ensure that it has an SPF of 30 or more. Reapply every few hours.
Step 6: If you want to use makeup, then it is best to go light. Tinted moisturizers, bb creams, and concealers are good options. Make sure they are moisturizing too to prevent any dry patches
Step 1: Your morning routine would be enough for a good number of hours, but it is better to touch up during the tea break before lunch. Rub a little moisturizer all over your skin or in specific dry patches.
Step 2: It is important that you also take care of your lips and hydrates them well. Bring a lip balm with butter to keep lips soft throughout the day.
Step 3: Also, along with all external care, control what should go inside your body. Make sure you have plenty of water, that’s the basic rule. If it is not water, many liquids and foods have a high water content. Be smart and choose fresh juice over soda.
Step 4: Eat foods rich in vitamins This will help keep your skin firm, moist and moisturized from the inside. Avoid too much fried food and choose more raw and boiled food.
Step 5: And, before you leave your study/workplace to go home, apply another round of moisturizer.
Step 1: Your nocturnal skin care routine is crucial. The time you sleep is when the maximum repair of the skin occurs, and if you apply the right products to your skin at this time, your skin will heal faster and stay healthy.
Step 2: After returning home, rinse your face with warm water and remove makeup from your face with a cleansing oil or makeup remover.
Step 3: Then, clean your face in the same way you did in the morning. Follow with a nutritious thick and nourishing cream that keeps the skin hydrated throughout the night.
Step 4: Make sure you sleep for a good 7-8 hours.
Also, remember to exfoliate and use a moisturizing mask once a week.
Now, some tips to keep in mind to care for your dry skin.
Tips To Care For Dry Skin
- Stay away from extreme hot baths. They damage and dry your skin even more. Stay with warm water, and it should be fine.
- Do not leave your skin bare after cleaning your face. Follow up with a moisturizer immediately.
- Bringing a moisturizing facial mist in your purse is a good idea. It is easy to use and convenient to save.
- Arrange the humidifiers in your room to increase the humidity levels in your living room to help combat the problem of dry skin.
- Products that contain strong chemicals and strong fragrances are a big no-no for people with dry skin. They make the skin irritate, redden, itch and flake.
- Wear comfortable clothes that do not feel scratches on the skin. Light cotton and khadi are good options.
- Avoid spending too much time in the sun. Tanning and dryness can be a lethal combination. Make sure to moisturize your palms and fingertips regularly because they are constantly exposed to aggressive products. You should remember to moisten the soles of your feet too.
With constant care, you can surely fight dry skin. The key is to keep it and not give up. Follow the routine mentioned above, and in a few days, you will begin to notice a difference. Try it out and let us know in the comments section below about how it worked for you.