Just when you think you have enough problems to deal with, your skin begins to act strangely. You look in the mirror and see an opaque and pigmented skin or a face full of acne that stares at you. But why is your skin screaming for help? Is it due to dust, pollution, radiation or chemicals? This is what I have to say …
Hard but true, your skin is the victim of your bad choices of lifestyle and ignorance (and dust and pollution). You may not be blessed with the “perfect skin” genes, but you can change that if you pay attention to what you eat and what you apply to your skin. And the best way to rejuvenate your skin is to consume fruits and apply a fruit mask every alternate day. Invest 10 minutes of your time every day to do this and see a visible difference in two weeks time.
Do you want to know which fruits to eat and which ones to apply? Well, this article has all that information. All you have to do is keep reading to get a radiant skin without having to resort to makeup or expensive skin treatments. Let’s start.
Lemons are natural bleaching agents. They are rich in vitamin C, a potent antioxidant that helps eliminate toxins and protects the skin from photodamage and hyperpigmentation. Therefore, if you have irregular pigmentation, dark spots, acne scars or keratinization, try using lemon to obtain radiant skin. This is how you can use it.
How To Use Lemon For Glowing Skin
- Add the juice of ½ lemon and 1 teaspoon of organic honey to a glass of water and take it first thing in the morning. This will help eliminate toxins.
- Add lemon juice to your salad.
- For oily skin with pigmentation or acne scars, mix the lemon juice with rose water, apply it on the skin and rinse after 10 minutes.
- For dry skin with pigmentation, mix the lemon juice and coconut oil, apply it to the skin and rinse after 10 minutes.
- To get rid of dark circles, mix 1 tablespoon of lemon juice with 1 teaspoon of milk.
- Apply it in the area under the eyes and rinse gently after 10 minutes.
- Rub the lemon and sugar in the keratinized areas to lighten the skin tone and reduce keratinization.
Papayas contain vitamins A, C, B, pantothenic acid and folic acid and minerals such as copper, potassium and magnesium. They also contain enzymes such as papain and chymopapain that help prevent damage to the skin by free radicals and have antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties. Papaya consumption can help prevent constipation, which is one of the reasons for poor skin health. It can also help treat warts, eczema, corns and cutaneous tubers. Scientists have also found that papaya can help heal wounds and chronic skin ulcers. Therefore, if you have digestive problems, scars and pigmentation, you should include papaya in your diet and beauty regime. Here is how to use it.
How To Use Papaya For Glowing Skin
- Eat a bowl of papaya for breakfast or as a snack at night.
- You can make a papaya smoothie by mixing papaya, lemon juice and pink salt from the Himalayas.
- Crush a small piece of papaya and apply it to your skin. Rinse after 10 minutes.
- Mix papaya puree with lemon juice and ¼ teaspoon of turmeric and apply to pigmented and scarred areas. Rinse after 10 minutes.
- For dry and flaky skin, apply papaya puree with half a teaspoon of almond oil. Wipe with a soft, damp cloth after 10 minutes.
- Exfoliate with papaya using a small piece of papaya, 1 teaspoon of orange peel and 1 teaspoon of rose water (for oily skin) or honey (for dry skin). Use gentle circular movements to scrub your skin. Rinse with water at room temperature.
The sweet, juicy and pulpy orange has a vibrant color and an intoxicating smell. This fruit can also do wonders for your skin. Like lemons, oranges are also rich in vitamin C: 100 grams of oranges contain 54 milligrams of vitamin C, which is an antioxidant. This means that oranges can help prevent oxidative damage, photodamage, DNA damage, reduce inflammation and help the synthesis of collagen. Now, let me tell you how to include oranges in your daily life.
How To Use Oranges For Glowing Skin
- Eat half an orange each day.
- Drink freshly squeezed orange juice with the pulp. Avoid pulp if you have stomach ulcers or if you have IBS / IBD.
- Add oranges to your salad, pizza, stew, cakes and chocolates.
- Add orange juice to your smoothie.
- Apply orange juice topically whenever you have pigmentation. Rinse after 10 minutes.
- For oily skin, mix 3 tablespoons of orange juice, 1 teaspoon of lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of gram flour and ½ teaspoon of turmeric.
- Apply as a package. For dry skin, mix 3 tablespoons of orange juice, 1 teaspoon of lemon juice, 1 teaspoon of milk, ½ teaspoon of turmeric and 1 teaspoon of honey and apply on the skin.
Red, fleshy, watery, sweet and refreshing: I just can not eat enough watermelon. And what’s more, it’s also great for your skin, especially if you have oily and acne-prone skin. Watermelon has dietary fiber (0.4%), water (92%), carbohydrates (7.55%), sugar (0.4%), vitamins C, A, B1 and B6, carotenoids, flavonoids and lycopene. It has zero fat and has no cholesterol. Lycopene helps eliminate oxygen free radicals and prevents damage to the skin. Water helps eliminate toxins and improve bowel movement. Here is how you can use watermelon to achieve clear skin.
How To Use Watermelon For Glowing Skin
- Eat a medium bowl of watermelon as a snack or for breakfast.
- Drink watermelon juice freshly made in the morning or at night.
- Make a fruit salad with watermelon.
- Add watermelon to add a zing to your otherwise dull shake.
- Crush a watermelon and apply it on your skin. Rinse after 10 minutes.
- For oily skin, mix 3 tablespoons of watermelon juice, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of Fuller’s earth and 1 teaspoon of rose water. Rinse with cold water after the mask dries.
- For dry skin, mix 3 tablespoons of watermelon juice, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, 1 teaspoon of honey and 1 teaspoon of aloe vera. Rinse after 10 minutes.
The sweet and fleshy mangoes work surprisingly well when it comes to rejuvenating the skin. They are rich in vitamins A, E, C and K, flavonoids, polyphenols, beta-carotene and xanthophylls. This is the reason why mangoes help protect your skin from DNA damage and inflammation. They are also rich in sugar and dietary fiber, which helps treat constipation. In fact, mangoes are already used in the cosmetics industry to create butters for hair and skin that have been shown to have wound healing properties. Here are different ways you can use mangoes to rejuvenate your skin.
How To Use Mango For Glowing Skin
- Add mango to your smoothie, breakfast bowl or fruit salad.
- Crush a small piece of mango and apply it to all your skin. Rinse after 10 minutes.
- For oily skin, mix the mango, rose water and lime juice and apply it to the skin. Wash with cold water after 10 minutes.
- For dry skin, apply a mask of mango puree, 1 teaspoon of yogurt and 1 teaspoon of honey. Wash with water at room temperature after 10 minutes.
A friend of mine recently recommended me to use the banana peel to remove acne scars, and it worked very well. The scientific explanation behind the exceptional healing properties of banana skin is that it is rich in dietary fiber, vitamins A, C, K, E and folate, and minerals such as potassium, calcium, phosphorus and magnesium. It is a very good natural moisturizer and has antioxidant and antimicrobial properties. Here’s how you can use a banana in several ways to get a radiant skin.
How To Use Banana For Glowing Skin
- Add the banana to the oatmeal for breakfast.
- Add a banana to your smoothie or breakfast bowl.
- You can prepare banana muffins or banana bread.
- Apply banana puree to the entire skin so it is soft and flexible instantly.
The gooseberry or amla is acidic and is loaded with vitamin C. Therefore, it is not surprising that the gooseberry has antioxidant properties. Currants also have soothing anti-inflammatory properties, to heal wounds and for the GI tract. In addition, scientists have confirmed that prickly gooseberries promote the production of procollagen. That is the reason why currants are very sought after by the cosmetics industry. But you can treat your skin using amla at home. That is how.
How To Use Gooseberry For Glowing Skin
- Chop the sown currants and dry them in the sun. Store them in a glass jar. Place one or two pieces of dried currant in your mouth after lunch every day.
- You can make currant juice and store it in the fridge.
- Add currant pieces to your smoothie or juice.
The grapes, red or green, are loaded with resveratrol, an antioxidant. Researchers have discovered that resveratrol helps protect the skin from damage caused by UV rays and skin cancer. It is also a rich source of vitamins C, K and folic acid and minerals such as calcium, potassium and phosphorus. In addition, the grape seed extract has rejuvenating, protective and healing properties for the skin. Let me tell you how to use the grapes to obtain perfect skin.
How To Use Grapes For Glowing Skin
- Consume a small bowl of grapes.
- Add grapes to your morning shake.
- Add sweet and red grapes to chicken stew for a sweet touch.
- Add grapes to your breakfast bowl.
- Add grapes to your fruit salad.
- Crush the grapes and apply them on the skin. Wash with cold water after 10 minutes.
Sweet, red and delicious, cherries are not only good to taste, but also have the ability to repair and protect your skin from damage. They are rich in dietary fiber, vitamins A, C, K and folic acid, and minerals such as calcium, magnesium, potassium and phosphorus. Cherries also have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that can help prevent damage to the skin. Here’s how you can use cherries to get perfect skin.
How To Use Cherries For Glowing Skin
- Have a small bowl of cherries in the morning or at night.
- Chop the cherries and add them to your salad.
- Add the cherries to a small bowl of yogurt or custard.
- Crush a cherry and apply it on your skin. Rinse after 10 minutes.
I always wondered who ate Apple’s apple. Probably, Eva ate it to cure her skin problems! Well, you can do it too. Apples are rich in vitamins A and C, dietary fiber, potassium, calcium and magnesium. They have antioxidant properties and help eliminate harmful oxygen free radicals. It has also been found that the skin of the apple is rich in antioxidants. Therefore, the next time you want to eat an apple, do not peel it. Wash thoroughly to remove dirt and bacteria. Here is how you can use it to get perfect skin.
How To Use Apple For Glowing Skin
- Eat an apple a day as part of a healthy snack with some nuts.
- Add sliced apples to your breakfast bowl, oatmeal or corn flakes.
- Add apple to your smoothie or make apple juice.
- Add apple to your baby spinach and tuna salad.
- Add the apples to the cake dough.
- Grate an apple and apply it on your skin. Rinse after 10 minutes.
- For dry skin, mix the grated apple with 1 teaspoon of honey and apply it on the skin. Wash with warm water after 10 minutes.