There are many ceremonies that make up a Pakistani wedding. Different religions have their own wedding ceremonies, but a wedding ceremony that is common to most religions is the mehndi ceremony.
Organizing your Mehndi ceremony in a great way can take a lot of planning. It is not just about decorating yourself but also your close relatives, with mehndi. You may want to have an appropriate ceremony for everyone to have fun. Food may not be the only solution in this case. The mehndi is the ceremony where the bride and the guests have fun. That is why you should plan a series of entertainments for your guests.
Singing and dancing are common practices for mehndi ceremonies. But if you want to do something different, you must go ahead and do it. Why go with the ordinary? If it is your great ceremony, think about taking it to the next level! Plan games that most of your guests can share and have fun in part. The games will surely attract more attention than a group of friends and family members who sing and dance. Try some new ideas of the mehndi ceremony can bear fruit!
Top 10 Ways To Entertain Your Guests At A Mehndi Ceremony
Although the mehndi ceremony was originally practiced by a few religions, most Indian weddings today seem to include the ceremony. If you have decided to include the ceremony, start planning now. You can create some games to interest your guests. You can choose from the list mentioned below.
1. Since singing is an important part of the mehndi ceremony, try to create games that involve singing. You can ask your guests to form groups. Then you can throw the groups one against the other. You can ask the groups to play Antakshari. You can even show them pictures of various movie stars and ask them to sing popular songs from their movies. This can help create an entertaining atmosphere and allow guests to open up.
2. For the most boisterous group of guests, have a dhol or dholaki game competition. You can ask the musicians that you have hired to give their instruments for the games. Then you can ask the guests to take their turn to stick to each other when playing the drums.
3. Dancing is again a big part of the mehndi ceremony. You can use this also as a game. You can ask the guests to dance with the rhythms of the drum. Those who do not follow the rhythm can be eliminated. Then, your guests can dance and enjoy the event.
4. Nothing is more important on that day than the bride. You can play a game of “find the girlfriend”. The bride can go and hide, or it can be hidden by a group of people. The other groups may have to go look for the bride.
5. As the day is destined to see an excess of mehndi, it is better that you take advantage of it. Use the extra mehndi to ask your guests to try to draw mehndi. This can be entertaining and some can go home with an elegant design.
6. Most guests can come alone to eat. Well, then give them a lot! Have a competition to eat Make a competition to eat sweets or a competition to eat golgappa. This will surely entertain even the disinterested guests.
7. The advent of technology makes it easier to invent new competition. Ask your guests to take pictures using their camera phones. The best photo will be declared the winner.
8. You can also use flowers to create games. The flowers can be used to ask the guests to create garlands of flowers or floral decorations.
9. Marriage is all about balance. Make your guests balance before you balance your marriage for the rest of your life. Get a rectangular beam and ask your guests to walk on it!
10. A popular game that is also played at many events is charades. You can play charades by dividing the guests into groups again. This can be a very good entertainment source.